"Beer in Colorado" is dedicated to that divine elixir born of the marriage of water, malt, hops, and yeast as interpreted
by those living in Colorado. Follow the author as he visits every brewery in the state, creates experimental homebrews,
attends beer festivals, tries interesting beers from around the world, and spreads the good word of beer. Prost!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Star Bar's Beer Cocktails

I find myself in a rush to write this blog update because I’ll be catching a plane and leaving the country for two weeks (expect a "Beer in Australia" post soon).  Forgive the brevity of my writing; the subject matter deserves much more than I’m giving it.

The long and short of it:

·         Star Bar in LoDo had a beer cocktail event in which representatives from Colorado bars and restaurants concocted mixed drinks using Avery Brewing Company beers and liquors from Peak Spirits.

·         Nicole and I met a lot of great people there including the owner of Star Bar, possible new yoga instructors for Nicole, and some of the upper brass from Denver off the Wagon.  The best part?  I learned that my name has been getting around in craft beer circles.  Very, very cool. 

·         We had a lot more fun than we expected.  We were both pretty tired going in to it but we perked up right away.

·         Bacon and corn rice bowls from i-Fish are delicious.  They had a table set up at the event.  Nicole had their Asian-style hot wings.  Helliemae's Salt Caramels also had a table set up and the lady running that was very friendly.  We chatted for some time. 
·    For more a lot more info (such as recipes), click here.  
Prost!
Chris

This post definitely doesn't do this event justice. It was a great event and I had a lot of fun trying new drinks and meeting new people. Another mention is the bartender at the Paramount Cafe that told us about some great events that he will be hosting during GABF week. Perhaps if I can remember details about this event when I get back, I will add more to this post including info about some of the drinks that we had.
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment