"Beer in Colorado" is dedicated to that divine elixir born of the marriage of water, malt, hops, and yeast as interpreted
by those living in Colorado. Follow the author as he visits every brewery in the state, creates experimental homebrews,
attends beer festivals, tries interesting beers from around the world, and spreads the good word of beer. Prost!
Monday, March 9, 2015
Friday, January 30, 2015
|Left to right: Cranberry Pilsner, Blumpkin, Aurora Town Brown, Boone's Maple Cream Porter, & Da Bomb Black IPA|
|Sleepyhead, a Kolsch|
|Left to right: Dogcatcher American Red & McDrums Scotch Ale|
|Spacious patio at Wonderland|
|Large room for rent at Wonderland|
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
|Living the Dream|
|It looks like a Wal-Mart but, thankfully, Grist has more soul than that|
|Triangular peninsula attached to Grist's bar|
|Brew equipment at LTD|
|Brew equipment at Grist|
|Left to right: Arrogant Hipster, Alt Whitman, C-470, & Helluva Caucasian|
|Beer menu at LTD|
|Left to right: Winter Saison, Juniper Berry Belgian Single, American Barleywine, & Berliner Weisse|
|Live that dream, folks!|
|Grist's massive brew space|
|Why more Colorado breweries don't do things like this is beyond me; craft beer and quaffing the freshies is what this state does best.|
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
- First and foremost, Nicole and I got hitched this summer. You better believe craft beer inundated nearly every aspect of the event. From the bachelor party to the ceremony to the reception, if our friends and family didn't already know we liked beer, our nuptials certainly clarified that point for them.
|Here are the bottle cap cuff links the groomsmen, my dad, and I wore for the ceremony; the bridesmaids had similarly-designed earrings|
- We visited 32 new Colorado breweries: Westminster Brewing Co., Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery, Station 26 Brewing Co., Front Range Brewing Company, The Post Brewing Co., Odd13 Brewing, Two22 Brew, The Brew on Broadway, Diebolt Brewing, Kettle & Stone Brewing Co. (now Vindication Brewing Co.), Sanitas Brewing Co., J. Wells Brewery, Kokopelli Beer Company, LowDown Brewery + Kitchen, Saint Patrick’s Brewing Company, Mockery Brewing, Beryl’s Beer Co., Grandma’s House, Platt Park Brewing Co., FERMÆNTRA, Former Future Brewing Company, Bære Brewing Co., Alpine Dog Brewery, Lost Highway Brewing Company, Zephyr Brewing Co., Fiction Beer Company, and Creede Brewing Company. Plus, Industrial Revolution Brewing Company, Comrade Brewing Co., Red Leg Brewing Company, Chain Reaction Brewing Company, and Joyride Brewing—breweries we visited but about which we did not have time to write a post.
- We also visited 14 non-Colorado breweries; five in Wisconsin, one in Indiana, seven in Michigan, and one in Nebraska: Vintage Brewing Co., The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company, One Barrel Brewing Company, Water Street Brewery, Lakefront Brewery, Three Floyds Brewing Co., Greenbush Brewing Co., Odd Side Ales, Old Boys’ Brewhouse, Founders Brewing Company, Brewery Vivant, Harmony Brewing Company, Schmohz Brewing Company, and Upstream Brewing Company.
- We attended six Colorado beer events: VISIT DENVER’s Travel Writers Reception at The SandLot, the Craft Brewers Conference, New Brew Fest, and Great American Beer Festival (GABF). For the second time, we attended the GABF Media Luncheon. The beers and food were just as good as we remembered them. Plus, the Biergarten Festival and Denver Beer Festivus about which we did not have time to write a post.
- Both Nicole and I achieved major milestones on our Untappd apps. At GABF, Nicole had her 1,000th unique beer thus earning her the “Extraordinary” badge. NoDa Brewing Company’s Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Monstro, a Russian imperial stout, had the honor of propelling her into the quadruple digits. I, earlier in the year and in a quieter environment, achieved the same badge at CAUTION: Brewing Co. with their Ain’t Yo’ Mama’s, an imperial porter.
Monday, December 29, 2014
|Left to right: 42, Communal Synergy, & Autumn Stars, a pumpkin saison|
|Creede is pretty hard to spot from the road|
|Quite a creative beer menu at Creede|
|Artwork at Fiction|