"Beer in Colorado" is dedicated to that divine elixir born of the marriage of water, malt, hops, and yeast as interpreted
by those living in Colorado. Follow the author as he visits every brewery in the state, creates experimental homebrews,
attends beer festivals, tries interesting beers from around the world, and spreads the good word of beer. Prost!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sweet Action's Beer Ice Cream


One would think Denver Beer Fest and Great American Beer Festival would be a dream-come-true for any beer blogger. However, with all of the events packed into one week, it doesn’t leave a lot of time for blogging so forgive the lateness of this post.

Last week, I was excited to get my hands on a six-pack of beer ice cream pints from Sweet Action Ice Cream. I couldn’t resist passing up the opportunity to taste the marriage of beer and ice cream, two of my most favorite things.

Chris picked up my pints of Tiramisu Stout and Russian Rocky Road using beer from Renegade Brewing Company, Scotch Ale Yeti Cake using beer from Great DivideBrewing Co., Oktoberfest Chocolate Chip using beer from Copper Kettle Brewing Company, ESB Oreo using beer from Breckenridge Brewery, and Grizzly Bear using root beer from Rocky Mountain Soda Co. When I got home from work, I conducted a taste test. Although it wasn’t brewed with beer, my favorite is the Grizzly Bear; it has a chocolaty taste with a root beer finish. My second favorite was the Tiramisu Stout which I knew I needed to have as soon as I saw it posted on Sweet Action’s Facebook page and it’s as delicious as I assumed.  With its coffee and chocolate flavors, it’s a rich treat.  Actually, all of the flavors are quite tasty but, of course, we all have our favorites. Perhaps you should visit Sweet Action this afternoon. You’ll need a celebratory pint after the Broncos beat the Chargers in MNF.

In addition to the flavors I purchased there’s also Ginger Beer Lime Sorbet using ginger beer from Rocky Mountain Soda, Sweet Action Ale using beer from Six Point Brewery, Colorado Peach Wheat using beer from Wynkoop Brewing Company, and Vegan Maple Pale Ale using beer from Renegade. Ice cream goes fast at Sweet Action because it really is irresistible; if they don’t have any more beer ice cream then you have two options: 1) wait until next year or 2) check out their other awesome fall inspired flavors.  There’s always something good at Sweet Action!

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment